ScienceDIVER consortium (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://sciencediver.jobs/ website (hereinafter as “Service”). ScinceDIVER an EU project (EASME –Number 863674). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
Partners / partnership: In the following text, “partner” / “partnership” designate partner institutions / organisations participating in ScienceDIVER and likely to collect data within the framework of the project, namely: 1. ARISTOTELIO PANEPISTIMIO THESSALONIKIS (AUTH – Coordinator), 2. ATLANTIS SYMVOULEFTIKI ANONYMI ETAIREIA ATLANTIS CONSULTING SA (ATL), 3. UNIVERSITAET STUTTGART (STU), 4. UNIVERSITA DELLA CALABRIA (UNICAL), 5. SCHILL RALPH (ENVI), 6. MARINE CLUSTER BULGARIA SDRUZHENIE (MCB), 7. DIVERS ALERT NETWORK EUROPE FOUNDATION (DAN).
On what legal grounds do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data because:
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Union institution or body, and
- you as the data subject have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes.
This is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of 23 October 2018, in particular Article 5(1).
Which personal data do we collect and further process and by which technical means?
The personal information related to the creation of an account for a jobseeker is limited to the data necessary to identify a particular person. Name and e-mail address are mandatory for contact purposes. Other information is requested for matchmaking purposes: gender; nationality; country of residence; approximate age group; education level; past working experience; spoken languages; employment status. This information can also be used for sending out targeted information within the website.
Who has access to your personal data and to whom is it disclosed?
Information on jobseekers’ CVs is made available, for display purposes, to employers registered and verified by the site administrator acting on behalf of the controller. If these organisations reprocess the CV information obtained, this processing has to be in compliance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
The service is completely free of charge, and it may not be used for any form of commercial advertising or sending of messages for other purposes than the ones stated above.
Information on registered jobseekers or employers will not be disclosed to anybody external the ScienceDIVER consortium.
The data stored will not be used for sending out any kind of information to the registered users unless they have explicitly agreed to this apart from messages relating directly to the service, its availability and development, and surveys and the like conducted for evaluation purposes.
Only registered and accepted employers in which a jobseeker has explicitly indicated an interest – through marking an interest in one or several of this employer’s job vacancies, or providing the jobseeker’s registration code to the employer via the chat tool – can view that jobseeker’s contact details. Jobseekers have the option to allow or hide their CV/profile through a dedicated button (i.e., option “hide”).
– By selecting the public option (default selection), only the employer accounts of the platform will be able to see the information that was provided from the jobseeker.
– By selecting the hide option, CVs and candidate’s general input is not visible to other profiles.
ScienceDIVER occasionally emails users with informative content and updates about sciencediver.jobs platform.
– Users can change their email preferences (receiving / not receiving email notifications) by visiting the section “Preferences” on the “Account details” side-menu.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
You have specific rights as a ‘data subject’ under Chapter III (Articles 14-25) of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, in particular the right to access, rectify or erase your personal data and the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Where applicable, you also have the right to object to the processing or the right to data portability.
You can exercise your rights by contacting the Data Controller (contact details can be found below), or in case of conflict the Data Protection Officer. If necessary, you can also address the European Data Protection Supervisor. Their contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you wish to exercise your rights in the context of one or several specific processing operations, please provide their description (i.e. their Record reference(s)).
How can you verify, modify, or delete your information?
Once a user account has been created, users will be able to modify their data at any time. All they need to do is to log on to the website using their password-protected personal account and modify or update their profile. Users can deregister at any time and thereby delete their account and all related registered information including CVs by sending an e-mail to email@example.com mentioning the https://sciencediver.jobs/ platform.
In case the site is temporarily not available, users can contact the controller (see contact details below) and request that accounts are deleted or made invisible.
Users have the right to obtain a copy of their personal data held on the https://sciencediver.jobs/ website by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobseekers are responsible for the quality of their own data. They can at any time access/modify/delete their data. Further details are given in other sections of this Data protection statement.
- Employers and their staff
Employers and their staff are responsible as processors of jobseekers’ CVs according to Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Further processing outside the strict scope of the system is regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679). One example of such a processing is the evaluation of the jobseekers’ skills and suitability for a given vacancy, carried out independent of the search criteria provided by the system. This does not fall within the https://sciencediver.jobs/ website’s explicit functions and is thus outside its control and responsibility.
Specific terms and conditions for the use of the https://sciencediver.jobs/
- In accepting these conditions, individuals agree to use the site solely to announce their availability as jobseekers to employers and recruitment professionals.
- In accepting these conditions, employers agree to use the site solely to contact jobseekers for the purpose of offering a job or assignment with the employer’s own undertaking, or with an undertaking which the employer is representing. Any offer of employment shall be consistent with the wishes expressed by the jobseeker in his/her profile. Employers may not demand a fee or any other form of payment from jobseekers for access to information on vacancies.
- The https://sciencediver.jobs/ reserves the right to delete without prior warning any information inserted that can be regarded as unlawful, unethical or in any other way unsuitable. Likewise, any user using the site in a way judged to be inconsistent with the service’s purpose may have their account closed and all data deleted. The https://sciencediver.jobs/ accepts no liability for loss or damage resulting from such an action.
Use of the https://sciencediver.jobs/ from non-EU users
Equality and gender balance
Sciencediver.jobs platform, is promoting equal opportunities to everyone and reflecting the diversity of today’s world, upholds the following principles and objectives:
- we ensure equal opportunities, treatment and access to all candidates regardless of their sex, origin, language, religion or any other opinion and orientation;
- we provide all candidates with an equal opportunity to fully demonstrate their competencies by identifying and eliminating their blocking factors, possible biases and risks of discrimination;
- we aim to promote equal opportunities for every candidate, supporting gender balance and equality in the workplace.
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: (+30) 2310 53 10 00
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that https://sciencediver.jobs/ has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Address: Data Protection Officer, European Commission, CHAR 02/63, 1049 Bruxelles/Brussel Belgium
Tel.: +32 2 299 11 11